Top Deliverability’s Blog
Spam Resource: Email authentication, fact vs fiction
- January 17, 2023
- Posted by: Top Deliverability
- Category: Industry News Spam Resource
Al Iverson just shared a new brilliant write-up on Spam Resource:
The other day, I ran across a complaint on Linkedin. “Just saw another email go to the Promotions Folder with DKIM, SPF, and DMARC set up perfectly. Stop telling people this will fix their e-mail problems!” It’s not the first time I’ve heard this, and I can understand why the author is frustrated. But, it’s important not to miss the true point — email authentication will help to improve inbox delivery. Because it does! But there’s a nuanced explanation to go along with that. The devil truly is in the details.Email authentication is fantastic. SPF and DKIM both allow you to set yourself up as YOU in the eyes of mailbox providers — as opposed to just being one of the many clients of ESP or CRM platform X, based on a shared IP address or shared DKIM domain. This is a good thing, but it’s just the start.Setting yourself
Read the original here: Email authentication, fact vs fiction
Email Service Providers Handbook
The most comprehensive “Handbook of Email Service Providers“!
All SpamAssassin rules in one place, EXPLAINED!
& REPLY CODES
All SMTP/ESMTP commands and reply codes in one place, EXPLAINED!
Free DNS Tool
Check the DNS records of your domain with our free DNS tool.
The most comprehensive Email Deliverability and Marketing Glossary!
- Term: Mailbox Provider (MBP)
- Term: Authentication
- Term: IP Address
- Term: Delivery
- Term: Domain Message Authentication Reporting & Conformance (DMARC)
- Term: DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM)
- Term: Sender Policy Framework (SPF)
- Term: Email Service Provider (ESP)
- Term: Deliverability
- Term: SpamAssassin
- Term: Extended Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (ESMTP)
- Term: Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
- Term: Domain Name System (DNS)